San Jose, Costa Rica
Nightlife in San Jose Costa Rica: Nightclubs, Bars & More
Costa Ricans are vibrant and fun people by nature, and they frequently go out in the evenings, especially on weekends. The locals love dancing, from pop, reggae and merengue, to salsa, soca, bachata and reggaeton.
If you're looking for an exciting night out in Costa Rica, there's no better place than the city of San Jose, offering all kinds of bars and lounges where you can have fun, dance the night away, listen to live music, try a variety of drinks and get to know the people.
At the same time, San Jose also has a variety of theaters and venues featuring all kinds of shows, from modern dance and theater to jazz, symphonies and concerts. Every March, the city hosts the Festival Nacional de las Artes (National Festival of the Arts), with an incredible selection of artists performing every day.
Downtown San Jose has a large variety of small bars and taverns with live music, as well as all kinds of restaurants, cafes, dance clubs and casinos where you can have a great time. The "barrio" of San Pedro is overflowing with bars and restaurants for all kinds of travelers and budgets. South of the Universidad de Costa Rica is the famous Amargura Street, a spot filled with bars and nightclubs, as well as cafes and restaurants popular among local students and youth. The barrio of La California is a great place to find bohemian bars and live rock bands in the evenings.
If you love the excitement of gaming, in San Jose you'll find many casinos, many of which are set within beautiful hotels. Each casino has excellent facilities and an incredible atmosphere. Play poker, roulette, craps and blackjack, or just try your lock at the slots. All of these establishments offer 24 hours of fun, along with food and beverage service. Following is a list of some of San Jose's most famous casinos:
- Barceló San José Palacio Spa and Casino
- Club Colonial Casino Bar and Restaurant
- Del Rey Hotel and Casino
- Fiesta Casino
- Fiesta Casino Costa Rica at Garden Court Hotel
- Flor de Itabo Hotel and Casino
- Horseshoe Casino
- Hotel and Country Club del Sur and Casino
- Best Western Irazú Hotel and Casino Concorde
- Melia Cariari Hotel and Country Club
- Radisson Hotel and Casino Europa
- Quality Hotel Centro Colón and Casino Costa Rica
Tips for your next vacation
- Popular Attractions near Maracana Stadium, Home of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Top 5 Hotels in Copacabana for your Trip to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- 5 Must-Have Olympic Souvenirs from Rio 2016
- Xcaret: The Best International Theme Park
- The Best Beaches in Brazil
- Direct Flights from the USA to Rio for the 2016 Olympics
- Tips for Traveling with Your Dog