Riviera Maya, Mexico
Shopping in Riviera Maya - Mall and Stores
The concept of a tourist destination usually includes a variety of stores selling souvenirs and products that are unique to that area. And the Riviera Maya, with its myriad of shopping opportunities, is no exception.
The handicrafts of the region are famous all over the world for their originality and colorful shapes and there are also lots of wonderful art galleries and jewelry stores, especially in Playa del Carmen, where you can find unique pieces encrusted with both precious and semiprecious stones. The stones of the Yucatan peninsula are very famous for their quality, in particular the amethysts, opals, onyx and turquoise. Engraved bracelets, necklaces and silver earrings are also very popular handcrafted items.
The stores in the Riviera Maya have a wide variety of intriguing items including hats, woolen serapes, cotton hammocks, Mayan liquor called Xtabentun, and colorful wraps with very creative printed designs. There are also many artists and craftsmen in the streets offering their unique work for very good prices. Some of the most representative items from the region are the uniquely 'Caribbean' Guayabera shirts, with their expertly embroidered designs, perfect for the beach.
Tips for your next vacation
- Popular Attractions near Maracana Stadium, Home of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Top 5 Hotels in Copacabana for your Trip to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- 5 Must-Have Olympic Souvenirs from Rio 2016
- Xcaret: The Best International Theme Park
- The Best Beaches in Brazil
- Direct Flights from the USA to Rio for the 2016 Olympics
- Tips for Traveling with Your Dog