Monterrey | Vacations and Travel to Monterrey
Monterrey is synonymous with industry, modernity, and progress, without forgetting its Mexican spirit and traditions. Thanks to its fantastic location for commerce, Monterrey has developed an impressive hotel infrastructure, a great variety of restaurants, and the most modern convention and exhibition center in Latin America. Nevertheless, visitors to Monterrey will also be pleasantly surprised by the wide variety of tourist and cultural attractions, as well as by the recreational areas of Mexico's third most important city.
The famous mountain Cerro de la Silla, a peak in the form of a saddle that reaches a height of 5,100 feet above sea level, is the symbol of Monterrey and can be seen from almost any part of the city. The metropolis is well located, just 135 miles from the US border.
Business and Industry
Monterrey is the main industrial hub of Mexico, featuring industries from a variety of sectors, including telecommunications, automotive, aerospace, electronics, information systems, and food processing, making it a perfect city for trade. It also offers modern business parks and a cutting-edge infrastructure for world-class events and exhibitions.
Ecotourism in Monterrey
Monterrey is surrounded by forests, nature parks, waterfalls, caves, and mountains, ideal for tours and outdoor sports like hiking, rappelling, and mountain biking.
- An excellent business and industrial infrastructure with modern industrial parks
- A wide variety of cultural, recreational, and tourist attractions
- Home to major industrial and financial corporations
- Features modern convention centers
- Multiple natural attractions for ecotourism and adventure sports
- Many important educational institutions
- A very important city for business tourism
- A popular destination for health tourism
Things to do in Monterrey
- Visit the many museums, including the Nuevo Leon Regional Museum, the Glass Museum, Monterrey Museum, and the Modern Art Museum
- Discover Estrella Bio-Park, a nature reserve with more than 700 species of animal
- If you're traveling with children, visit the theme and amusement parks, such as Mundo de Adeveras, KidZania, and Plaza Sesamo
- Try extreme or adventure sports at nearby places like Chipinque Eco-Park or La Huasteca Nature Park
- See fabulous canyons and waterfalls, such as the famous Horse Tail Falls.
- Take a boat tour on Paseo Santa Lucia, a navigable river that unites the Macro Plaza and Parque Fundidora
- Try "cabrito asado" (slow-roasted goat kid), "machaca con huevo" (dried beef with egg), and other regional specialty dishes
- Visit the restaurants, cafes, bars, and nightclubs of "Barrio Antiguo" (Old Town)
- Shop at the modern malls
- See a concert at Auditorio Banamex or Arena Monterrey
- Check the billboard and go to see a show at one of the many theaters in the city
Our customers' best rated hotels
from $ 129 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from $ 167 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from $ 107 Avr. per night/Taxes included
You might be interested in
from $ 34Per adult, taxes included
Tips for your next vacation
- Popular Attractions near Maracana Stadium, Home of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Top 5 Hotels in Copacabana for your Trip to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- 5 Must-Have Olympic Souvenirs from Rio 2016
- Xcaret: The Best International Theme Park
- The Best Beaches in Brazil
- Direct Flights from the USA to Rio for the 2016 Olympics
- Tips for Traveling with Your Dog