Leon Cuisine | What to Eat in Leon
Meals in Leon are typically based around meat, including the famous pork carnitas, birria (a spicy stew), menudo (tripe soup) and the traditional guacamayas (tortas with hard pork rinds and hot sauce). You’ll also want to try delicious snacks like caldos de oso (pieces of jicama and fresh cheese mixed with a spicy lemon and vinegar blend). Chalupas (cucumber slices with onions, cheese and vinegar) are a popular choice after a night out in the city.
The cuisine in the city of Leon has been strongly influenced by Michoacan as well as other cities in the state of Guanajuato. Strawberries can be enjoyed in a variety of forms (crystallized, served with cream, or dipped in chocolate) and are a common dessert in restaurants and households. You may also wish to try candies made from cajeta (caramelized goat's milk) and of course the delicious cebadina, a drink made with barley, fruit and baking soda.
Our customers' best rated hotels
from $ 90 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from $ 91 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from $ 51 Avr. per night/Taxes included
You might be interested in
Tips for your next vacation
- Popular Attractions near Maracana Stadium, Home of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Top 5 Hotels in Copacabana for your Trip to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- 5 Must-Have Olympic Souvenirs from Rio 2016
- Xcaret: The Best International Theme Park
- The Best Beaches in Brazil
- Direct Flights from the USA to Rio for the 2016 Olympics
- Tips for Traveling with Your Dog