Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Isla Mujeres Shopping | Where to Shop and What to Buy
Most of the stores on Isla Mujeres offer a wide variety of souvenirs and typical goods from this region of Mexico's Caribbean coast. If you're one of those collectors who like to purchase something from every place you visit, then you'll find lots of things in the shops here, mainly handicrafts made by local artisans using things like shells, sand, and starfish.
There are countless handicrafts stores in downtown Isla Mujeres, mainly by Avenida Hidalgo and the neighboring streets. Each one offers a wide variety of beautiful Mexican pieces, ranging from figures made solely from shells and string, and various creations made from Oaxacan black clay, to wooden masks, glass ashtrays and acrylic keychains, to complex "alebrijes" (brightly colored folk art sculptures of fantastical creatures).
Tips for your next vacation
- Popular Attractions near Maracana Stadium, Home of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Top 5 Hotels in Copacabana for your Trip to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- 5 Must-Have Olympic Souvenirs from Rio 2016
- Xcaret: The Best International Theme Park
- The Best Beaches in Brazil
- Direct Flights from the USA to Rio for the 2016 Olympics
- Tips for Traveling with Your Dog