Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Isla Mujeres Cuisine | What to Eat on Isla Mujeres
The influence of Yucatecan cuisine and seafood dishes stand out when we talk about the cuisine of Isla Mujeres. The creativity of the islanders for lending their own unique touch to the food has made the island well-known for its "Tikin-Xik Fish", which is char-grilled after being seasoned with an achiote and bitter orange sauce. Another popular dish is conch ceviche prepared with avocado, orange, and Xcatik chilies.
Isla Mujeres has seen an influx of Europeans over the years, meaning that tourists will find all kinds of dishes available on the island; everything from German pastries to tasty Italian cuisine, without forgetting, of course, fantastic Mexican specialties.
Tips for your next vacation
- Popular Attractions near Maracana Stadium, Home of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Top 5 Hotels in Copacabana for your Trip to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- 5 Must-Have Olympic Souvenirs from Rio 2016
- Xcaret: The Best International Theme Park
- The Best Beaches in Brazil
- Direct Flights from the USA to Rio for the 2016 Olympics
- Tips for Traveling with Your Dog