Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Isla Mujeres | Vacations and Travel to Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres is the ideal place for a dream vacation on Mexico's Caribbean coast. It has a peaceful atmosphere and is perfect for scuba diving and snorkeling, featuring a diverse and colorful array of marine flora and fauna that live in its crystal clear waters. It is located just 20 minutes by boat from the beaches of Cancun and has a fascinating past full of pre-Colombian legends and pirates. The island is less than a mile wide and just five miles long, offering lots of tropical palm trees to relax under.
The only way to get to get to Isla Mujeres is by sea. Ferries leave from Puerto Juarez and from the Cancun Hotel Zone, and arrive at the island's main pier. Here you can hire a golf cart or a scooter to tour the island, making for an unforgettable experience!
Isla Mujeres is one of the top tourist destinations for professional divers, travelers looking to escape the monotony of ordinary life, and tourists from nearby cities who come to relax and enjoy one of the tours.
At Punta Norte (the northern part of the island) you'll find stunning beaches for yoga, swimming, and sunbathing; this is also where the Pirate Mundaca Hacienda is located. Heading out to sea you'll find famous places to snorkel like "El Farito" (The Lighthouse) and, to the east of the island, the Cave of Sleeping Sharks, which is surrounded by coral formations. At Punta Sur (the southern point of the island) you can see Garrafon Natural Reef Park, as well as a sculpture park and the temple where the Mayans worshipped Ixchel, the goddess of love.
Isla Mujeres Profile
- Famous for its beaches and their tranquil waters
- Home to part of the second largest barrier reef in the world
- Attractive island for scuba diving and snorkeling fans
- Excellent eco-tourism destination
- Giant turtle farm
- Delicious seafood cuisine
- The first place the sun touches in Mexico every morning
Things to do on Isla Mujeres
- Sunbathe on the beaches of Punta Norte
- Snorkel at the main reefs on the island, such as El Farito, Islache, and Manchones
- Visit Garrafon Natural Reef Park, which is home to endangered species
- Try "Tikin-Xik Fish" and conch ceviche
- Discover the stories of the Mayan Temple and the goddess Ixchel.
- Participate in the turtle conservation programs.
- See the Sculpture Park in the south of Isla Mujeres, with its outdoor sculptures and the Caribbean Sea as a backdrop.
- Dive at the Cave of Sleeping Sharks
- Swim with dolphins
- Visit Isla Contoy and the bird sanctuary.
- Admire the beautiful ocean view from the rocks of Punta Sur, and see the first rays of sunlight.
- Listen to the stories of love and death told at the Pirate Mundaca Hacienda.
Our customers' best rated hotels
from $ 182 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from $ 484 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from $ 179 Avr. per night/Taxes included
You might be interested in
Categories:Animal Interaction,Swim with Dolphins,Water Activities
from $ 120Per adult, taxes included
Tips for your next vacation
- Popular Attractions near Maracana Stadium, Home of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Top 5 Hotels in Copacabana for your Trip to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- 5 Must-Have Olympic Souvenirs from Rio 2016
- Xcaret: The Best International Theme Park
- The Best Beaches in Brazil
- Direct Flights from the USA to Rio for the 2016 Olympics
- Tips for Traveling with Your Dog
Most popular attractions in Isla Mujeres
from $ 68Per adult, taxes included
from $ 99Per adult, taxes included
from $ 84Per adult, taxes included