Guatemala City, Guatemala
Guatemala City, Guatemala: Vacations and Travel Info
This beautiful city has preserved its rich colonial heritage, which includes a vast historical legacy. In Guatemala City, you'll find cultural and historical attractions, archeological sites, beaches and breathtaking scenery.
Guatemala City, previously known as Nueva Guatemala de la Asuncion, has been the country's capital ever since the 1700's, when a devastating earthquake shook Santiago de los Caballeros, or La Antigua as it is known today. The capital then had to be moved to Guatemala City.
Besides being the seat of government and the economic and cultural hub of the country, Guatemala City features a variety of restaurants, shopping centers, hotels and stores where you can find incredible folk art from the region. Come visit this charming city and discover the countless attractions and natural beauty that this destination has to offer.
Our customers' best rated hotels
from $ 138 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from $ 216 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from $ 180 Avr. per night/Taxes included
You might be interested in
from $ 38Per adult, taxes included
Tips for your next vacation
- Popular Attractions near Maracana Stadium, Home of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Top 5 Hotels in Copacabana for your Trip to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- 5 Must-Have Olympic Souvenirs from Rio 2016
- Xcaret: The Best International Theme Park
- The Best Beaches in Brazil
- Direct Flights from the USA to Rio for the 2016 Olympics
- Tips for Traveling with Your Dog