Guadalajara | Vacations and Travel to Guadalajara
The city of Guadalajara is the state capital of Jalisco and the second largest and most important city in Mexico. Guadalajara is also Mexico's second city in business terms, behind Mexico City and ahead of Monterrey. Its exceptional climate, natural beauty, and the charm of its inhabitants have earned it the nickname "The Pearl of the West".
This metropolis is one of the main tourist destinations in the country, featuring everything from modern constructions to charming colonial buildings. In just one region you'll find most of the symbols that Mexico is known for: handicrafts, tequila, and the sound of the mariachi.
Business in Guadalajara
Guadalajara is a modern city with an endless array of financial and industrial companies. The heart of the commercial district is the Zapopan area, where you'll find Expo Guadalajara, an immense exhibition center used for all kinds of cultural events, congresses, conferences, and exhibitions, capable of holding up to 50,000 people at any one time. There are also excellent business hotels in Guadalajara with event space and executive services to help you stay productive.
Zapopan and Tlaquepaque
Alongside Guadalajara, the municipality of Zapopan is a region that is developing at an incredible pace, and has become an important destination for business and culture. It's well worth visiting the historic downtown area, where you'll find the Basilica of Our Lady of Zapopan.
One of the most well-known places for handicrafts in Mexico and Latin America is Tlaquepaque, which features an attractive historic downtown area with cobbled streets and galleries that promote the work of local artists. When you walk along the streets here you'll be able to see art in all its forms.
- Culture highly representative of Mexico
- Historic downtown area classified as a World Heritage Site
- One of the largest cities in Mexico
- Host of major cultural and artistic events
- Excellent business infrastructure
- Extensive public transport network
- Activities for all ages and tastes
Things to do in Guadalajara
- Enjoy a Mexican party with mariachis and tequila
- Visit the town of Tequila and its blue agave fields
- Discover the colonial beauty of the historic downtown area
- Take photos at the Cabanas Hospice
- Attend Mass at the Cathedral
- Eat an snow cone while watching the figurines at the Expiatory Temple
- Buy souvenirs, clothes, and candy at the San Juan de Dios Market
- Eat a "torta ahogada", "taco de birria", "carne en su jugo", or Jalisco-style red pozole
- Explore downtown in a horse-drawn carriage
- Go and see an opera at the Degollado theater
- Take your kids to have some fun at the zoo
Our customers' best rated hotels
from $ 199 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from $ 579 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from $ 40 Avr. per night/Taxes included
You might be interested in
from $ 121Per adult, taxes included
Tips for your next vacation
- Popular Attractions near Maracana Stadium, Home of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Top 5 Hotels in Copacabana for your Trip to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- 5 Must-Have Olympic Souvenirs from Rio 2016
- Xcaret: The Best International Theme Park
- The Best Beaches in Brazil
- Direct Flights from the USA to Rio for the 2016 Olympics
- Tips for Traveling with Your Dog