Fort Lauderdale area, United States
Attractions in Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA: What to Do and Where to Go
There are lots of things to do in Fort Lauderdale, ranging from having fun on the beach and exploring natural attractions, to gambling in casinos and at the races. In Fort Lauderdale, you can take part in numerous activities including golf, snorkeling, scuba diving and sport fishing; the city also has fantastic stadiums where you can watch spectator sports such as soccer, basketball, baseball and professional hockey.
A great way to relax and unwind is with a day on one of the beaches in Fort Lauderdale, without a doubt the main draw of this sunny destination. The beaches here have been awarded the Blue Wave certification for being clean, contamination free and safe for swimming. Listed below are some of the most popular beaches:
- Fort Lauderdale Beach (The Strip)
- Deerfield Beach
- Pompano Beach
- Hillsboro Beach
- Dania Beach
- Hollywood Beach
- Hallandale Beach
- Dania Jai-Alai
- Gulfstream Park Racing and Casino
- Isle Casino Racing at Pompano Park
- Mardi Gras Casino
- Seminole Casino Hollywood
- Seminole Casino Coconut Creek
- Seminole Hard Rock Casino
- American Golfers Club, American Golf Course
- Aqua Golf Driving Range
- Bonaventure Country Club
- Carolina Golf Club
- Club at Emerald Hills
- Colony West Country Club
- Cooper Colony Executive Golf Course
- Lauderhill Golf Course
- Oak Tree Golf Club
- Coral Ridge Country Club
- Crystal Lake Country Club â€“ Pompano Beach
- Hillsboro Pines Golf Course â€“ Deerfield Beach
- Wynmoor Golf Course â€“ Coconut Creek
- Conte's Palm-Aire Country Club and Resort
- The Spa at the Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale
- Spa Atlantic at the Atlantic Resort and Spa
- Bliss Fort Lauderdale at the W Fort Lauderdale
- The Spa at Bonaventure Resort and Spa
- Heavenly Spa by Westin at the Westin Beach Resort Fort Lauderdale
- Spa 950 at Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach
- The Spa at Harbor Beach Marriott Resort and Spa
- The Spa at the Diplomat at the Westin Diplomat
- Spa Q at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
- Spa 66 at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
- The Spa at Lago Mar Resort and Club
- Diamante Day Spa Fort Lauderdale
- Planet Massage of Las Olas
- Spa Ocean Sands at Residence Inn by Marriott Oceanfront
- Los Everglades National Park and Big Cypress Seminole Indian Reservation
- Flamingo Gardens and Wray Botanical Collection
- Ann Kolb Nature Center
- John U. Lloyd Beach State Park
- Butterfly World
- Hugh Taylor Birch State Park
- Snake Warrior Island
Horseracing, Greyhound Racing and Casinos
For travelers who love playing poker and gambling, Fort Lauderdale has plenty of casinos as well as racecourses that host horse and greyhound racing events, allowing you to try your luck and pick a winner. Listed below are some of the most popular places to go:
Excursions, Boat Tours and Sport Fishing
In Fort Lauderdale, you'll find plenty of marinas offering sailing, yachting and boat tours. While you're here, you can take a gondola tour through the canals, enjoy a romantic dinner at sunset aboard a beautiful yacht, or organize a day's fishing on the ocean.
Fantastic views, hazards, and relatively cheap green fees await you at more than 40 golf courses in Fort Lauderdale. There is a wide variety of courses for all skill levels, with exclusive private golf clubs and resorts offering courses designed by famous golf names including Joe Lee, Bruce Devlin, Robert von Hagge, Rees Jones, Raymond Floyd and Robert Trent Jones, as well as Tom and George Fazio.
Say goodbye to stress and indulge in a wonderful massage or spa treatment in one of the spa hotels or spas in Fort Lauderdale. If you need to relax and recharge your batteries, visit the city in September, when all the spas in the city offer discounted rates, including spa packages at excellent prices.
National Parks and Natural Wonders
Discover the natural wonders of Fort Lauderdale. In and around Fort Lauderdale, you can enjoy Mother Nature in an endless number of visually breathtaking places. Admire local plants and wildlife such as butterflies and snapping turtles in the swamps of the Everglades, and enjoy a kayak tour through tropical mangroves.
Take a safari to see the swamps and lizards.
60 acres of land that plays host to over 70 different species, including beautiful flamingos as well as thousands of exotic plants.Â
Explore this wonderful ecosystem in a kayak, by boat or on foot. It's home to more than 1,500 mangroves and wonderful natural hiking trails.
Located in Dania Beach, this beautiful park is an ideal place to go bird watching, kayaking, scuba diving, sport fishing or boating.
Admire this tropical rain forest, which features thousands of butterflies, hummingbirds and waterfalls.
A beautiful fresh water lagoon with hiking trails and access to a lovely beach.
A 50-acre coastal nature reserve with a lagoon, islands and wetlands to explore.
Our customers' best rated hotels
from $ 112 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from $ 191 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from $ 101 Avr. per night/Taxes included
You might be interested in
Tips for your next vacation
- Popular Attractions near Maracana Stadium, Home of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Top 5 Hotels in Copacabana for your Trip to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- 5 Must-Have Olympic Souvenirs from Rio 2016
- Xcaret: The Best International Theme Park
- The Best Beaches in Brazil
- Direct Flights from the USA to Rio for the 2016 Olympics
- Tips for Traveling with Your Dog