Many people and companies think that their only responsibility is to generate profit. They don't worry about the well-being of all involved in their activities or the environment, and they don't see a real advantage in seeking to find a balance with nature.
At BestDay we want to improve the awareness of society and our tourists, so here are some tips that are easy to follow and contribute to conserving the rich bio-diversity of the Earth and improved opportunities for community development, thus supporting sustainable tourism practices in Mexico.
2. Use natural resources like water and also electricity with moderation. Remember that they could run out one day.
3. Try to reduce waste. It is a primary source of contamination.
4. When you have to get rid of some form of waste, do it in a clean way as indicated in your chosen destination.
5. If you find yourself in a natural setting, try to ensure that the only mark you leave is your footprint.
6. If you visit sensitive ecosystems, like coral reefs or the jungle, find out how to do so while minimizing the damage and environmental impact you make.
7. When you buy gifts and souvenirs, search for products that are expressions of the local culture. This will help the economies and cultural diversity of wherever you are.
8. Don't purchase flora and fauna protected by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), or products derived from these species. It is a crime and directly contributes to their extinction.
9. Enjoy the tourist destination that you have chosen by finding out about the culture, customs, food, and traditions of the local people. Respect and integrate with them, as they have lots to teach you.
Sustainable tourism in Mexico should be a priority for everybody, including the government, the companies, the local population, and the tourists who visit.
Written by Cesar Lozano Diaz
Xcaret: The Best International Theme ParkVisit the Xcaret eco-park Read more...
BestDay: Creating Awareness for Sustainable Tourism in MexicoAt BestDay we want to imp Read more...
The Monarch Butterfly Sanctuaries of MexicoEach year, Mexico plays h Read more...
XIII International Festival in Adventure TourismThe challenging Copper Ca Read more...
The Lacandon Jungle: An Invaluable Gift of Nature in MexicoOn your next trip to theRead more...
Heaven on EarthIn 1985, this vast protec Read more...
The Sumidero Canyon: a breathtaking journey through natureWith outstanding up-to-ha Read more...
The Amazing Journey of the Monarch ButterfliesEach year, towards the en Read more...
Recent searchesDelete all
BestDay: Creating Awareness for Sustainable Tourism in Mexico
- Cesar Lozano Diaz