Costalegre | Vacations and Travel to Costalegre
Costalegre consists of five coastal areas that stretch for 100 miles along Mexico's Pacific coast: Bahia de Navidad (Christmas Bay), Bahia Tenacatita, Costa Careyes, Bahia de Chamela, and Costa Majahuas. Each one has its own natural charm that makes it unique, crafted by the powers of nature that have created cliffs, crags, virgin beaches, and bays, as well as state-protected nature reserves that are home to endemic plants and wildlife.
In the '90s it was designated an "Ecological Tourism Corridor" because of its natural beauty and picturesque towns with their welcoming inhabitants. It is the perfect place to discover the splendor of a Mexico rich in culture, traditions, and stunning landscapes.
Given that Costalegre has an almost endless amount of lagoons, mangroves, islands, and beaches, there's a lot to do when it comes to watersports, including surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, boat tours, fishing, and swimming, to name but a few. Likewise, the region's mountains and geographical features make it ideal for ecotourism, along with golf, cycling, zip lines, and other fun outdoor activities.
- A 100 mile stretch of coastline, as well as rivers, islands, lagoons, and mountains
- Designated an Ecological Tourism Corridor
- Home to the 30,000 acre Manantlan Biosphere Reserve
- Home to the Canon de Pena Dam, the largest in the state of Jalisco
- The Jaguar Refuge is located in the immense jungle of the town of Tuito; this project is dedicated to the conservation of this endangered mammal.
- A hotel infrastructure that ranges from luxury hotels to picturesque thatched-roof shacks.
Things to do in Costalegre
- Explore the diverse array of beaches, which range from very popular to almost untouched.
- Try kayaking, snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing, and numerous other watersports.
- Explore the region and try outdoor activities like hiking, zip-lines, bicycle tours, and rappelling.
- Visit two of the most popular towns, Barra de Navidad and Melaque, and enjoy their typical restaurants and nightlife.
- Savor a variety of specialty dishes made from fresh fish and seafood.
- See the turtles lay their eggs at Playa Careyes and Costa Majahuas.
- Try your hand at the Sport Fishing Tournaments in Barra de Navidad
- Play a round of golf at Playa Tamarindo or on Isla Navidad.
Our customers' best rated hotels
from $ 323 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from $ 67 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from $ 76 Avr. per night/Taxes included
You might be interested in
Tips for your next vacation
- Popular Attractions near Maracana Stadium, Home of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Top 5 Hotels in Copacabana for your Trip to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- 5 Must-Have Olympic Souvenirs from Rio 2016
- Xcaret: The Best International Theme Park
- The Best Beaches in Brazil
- Direct Flights from the USA to Rio for the 2016 Olympics
- Tips for Traveling with Your Dog