Ciudad del Carmen, Mexico
- Wind Direction:
- 6:31 am
- 6:11 pm
Ciudad del Carmen Cuisine | What to Eat in Ciudad del Carmen
As with all islands, Ciudad del Carmen is known for its seafood. Traditional dishes are prepared with fresh ingredients, as this destination has retained its fishing village roots even with the oil boom. Pampano is often poached, fried or served with green salsa. Other types of fish are served fried, with broth or as tikin-xic (grilled with an achiote marinade).
Shrimp lovers can savor their favorite crustacean in many ways, including breaded, in a cocktail or with garlic sauce. A unique dish that is very popular with tourists is chile relleno (stuffed chili pepper) with shrimp. Octopus is another main ingredient in the cuisine of the city, usually served in its ink or in a ceviche.
Influenced by the rest of Campeche and Yucatan, the local cuisine includes tamales colados (strained corn dough tamales), escabeche (poached or fried fish), queso relleno (stuffed cheese) and jamon claveteado (ham prepared with brandy and wine). Pan de cazon and kibi de pescado are also popular dishes for those visiting the area.
Our customers' best rated hotels
from US$ 47 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from US$ 62 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from US$ 50 Avr. per night/Taxes included
You might be interested in
Tips for your next vacation
- Popular Attractions near Maracana Stadium, Home of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Top 5 Hotels in Copacabana for your Trip to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- 5 Must-Have Olympic Souvenirs from Rio 2016
- Xcaret: The Best International Theme Park
- The Best Beaches in Brazil
- Direct Flights from the USA to Rio for the 2016 Olympics
- Tips for Traveling with Your Dog