- Wind Direction:
- 6:8 am
- 7:33 pm
Cancun Cuisine | What to Eat in Cancun
Cancun is recognized as a premier tourist destination, not only for its excellent hotels and amenities, but also for its delicious and diverse cuisine.
As a result of the cultural mix of visitors and residents, as well as its high population growth rates, this corner of the Caribbean has become a gourmet paradise. Its culinary identity was developed through combining the ingredients of Mexican cuisine, including authentic specialties from the Yucatan Peninsula, with dishes from other countries, in such a way as to delight even the most discerning of palates.
Whether in the Hotel Zone or the downtown area, a culinary tour is an exquisite journey of flavors. The options are vast and accessible to all budgets.
In the markets and restaurants downtown, there are numerous dining options ranging from cheap eats to exclusive fine dining. You’ll find delicious Mexican food and exquisite fresh seafood, as well as Lebanese, Argentine, Indian, French, vegan, and much more.
- La Habichuela – Located in downtown Cancun, this restaurant opened its doors in 1977. It stands out for its romantic atmosphere, with delicious and unique fish and seafood dishes, as well as meats and Mexican specialties.
- La Parrilla – A tradition in the downtown area, this restaurant features a festive atmosphere with mariachi music and traditional Mexican dishes accompanied by delicious tequilas. It’s been open since 1975.
The Hotel Zone offers a wide variety of restaurants, some of which are located on the beach, along the edge of the Nichupte Lagoon, and in shopping malls. The hotels also offer attractive and delicious dining options for their guests.
- Lorenzillo’s – For lovers of fine fish and seafood dishes, a visit to this traditional restaurant on the shores of the Nichupte Lagoon is a must. It is best known for its incredible lobster dishes.
- Puerto Madero – The selection of fine Argentinian-style steak, fresh seafood, and an extensive wine list is a tradition at this restaurant situated on the Nichupte Lagoon in the Cancun Hotel Zone. Here you can admire beautiful sunsets in an elegant and exclusive atmosphere.
Our customers' best rated hotels
from US$ 873 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from US$ 569 Avr. per night/Taxes included
from US$ 697 Avr. per night/Taxes included
You might be interested in
Categories:Adventure,Archeological Sites,City Tours,Water Activities
from US$ 156 Per adult, taxes included
Tips for your next vacation
- Popular Attractions near Maracana Stadium, Home of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Top 5 Hotels in Copacabana for your Trip to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- 5 Must-Have Olympic Souvenirs from Rio 2016
- Xcaret: The Best International Theme Park
- The Best Beaches in Brazil
- Direct Flights from the USA to Rio for the 2016 Olympics
- Tips for Traveling with Your Dog